Dr. Roy. J. Mukkada
Dr. Roy. J. Mukkada
Director of GI Endoscopy, Senior Consultant & Head of Medical Gastroenterology
MD (Gen. Medicine), DNB (Gastro), MNAMS, FASGE, FRCP(UK).
- Expert in Advanced Pancreato Biliary Endoscopy.
- Rich experience of more than 10000 of Therapeutic ERCP.
- Endoscopic Gall bladder drainage for Acute Cholecystitis.
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Spyglass DS 2 Digital Cholangioscopy (The 1st in Kerala in 2012).
- Proven expertise in Interventional EUS.
- Pioneer in Interventional EUS in the state with experience of more than 5000 EUS.
- EUS guided Choledochoduodenostomy (Bile duct drainage) using Hot Axios LAMS(Lumen Apposing Metal Stent) 1st time in India.
- Expertise in Third Space Endoscopy – Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) and Submucosal Tunnelling endoscopic resection (STER) for Superficial Gastrointestinal tumors.
- 1st to perform Per-Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) in Kerala (2013).
- Endoscopic Gallbladder drainage for Acute Cholecystitis Pioneer in Third Space Endoscopy.
- EUS (Endoscopic Ultrasound) Guided angiotherapy such as coiling and/Cyanoacrylate for gastric, Duodenal and Rectal variceal Bleed.
- EUS Guided RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation) for pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors such as Insulinoma.
- EUS Guided Biliary Drainage.
- EUS Guided Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) for Cholangiocarcinoma.
- Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Training.
- Institute of Paoli calmettes, Marseille, France under Dr. Marc Giovannini -EUS.
- Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam under Dr. Paul Focken -EUS/ERCP.
- University of Alabama under Dr. Shyam Varadarajulu -EUS.
- Medical University of South Carolina under Dr. Peter cotton-ERCP.
- Fudan University, Shanghai, China under Pro. Zhou. -POEM and ESD.
- Has done many publications in national and international journals.
- His videos have been selected for best presentation in national and state conferences.
- Has authored chapters in Gastroenterology textbooks.
- Peer reviewer in GI Endoscopy Journal.
- Life member of Indian Medical Association, Indian Society of Gastroenterology, Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy & American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Governing Body Member of SGEI (Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India).
- EUS guided coiling in bleeding duodenal collateral has been selected for Digestive Diseases Week Santiago 2016 as the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) video of Honorable mention.