Dr. Abi Abraham M
Dr. Abi Abraham M
Director - Nephrology and Chief of Renal Transplant Services
MD, DM, DNB, FISN, FASN, FRCP (UK)
- Dr. Abi Abraham M has more than 25 years of experience both as a clinician and academician.
- He has a wide range of experience in renal transplantation, critical care nephrology, vasculitis, lupus and electrolyte disorders.
- He has been awarded three prestigious fellowships, has widely cited publications in peer-reviewed journals, memberships in many renal societies and held administrative positions in organizations.
- He was the Associate Professor of Nephrology, Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- Managed nearly 1300 renal transplants in Lakeshore hospital in the last 10 years.
- Successfully performed several complex kidney transplants including sensitized, re-transplant, elderly transplant and pediatric transplants.
- Established a successful large maintenance dialysis programme.
- Developed Lakeshore Hospital as the biggest set up for critical care nephrology and as the centre performing largest number of CRRT in the state of Kerala.
- Awarded fellowship of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glasgow,UK).
- Awarded fellowship of American Society of Nephrology (ASN).
- Fellow of the Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN).
- Member of several national and international renal and transplant societies.
- Has several publications in national and international journals on optimizing immunosuppression, infections in the transplant recipients, lupus nephritis and fluid and electrolyte disorders, which are widely cited.
- Held the posts of President and Secretary of the Nephrology Association of Kerala (NAK).
- Executive member of Indian Society of Nephrology Nephrology Southern Chapter (ISNSC).
- Stood first in the country for examination for Diplomate of the National Board (DNB).
- One of the leading experts of the country in performing complex kidney transplants (concluding sensitized, elderly and paediatric).
- Have thousands of patients with kidney diseases on regular follow up.
- Coordinated more than 1500 kidney transplant.
- Running the largest centre of Critical care nephrology in Kerala.
- Performed the first liver dialysis in Kerala.
- Has conducted three international updates on Kidney Transplantation and three national Symposiums on Critical care nephrology.
- Played keen role as Organising Chairman in the annual meet of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT 2020)