Dr. Abhishek Yadav
Dr. Abhishek Yadav
Director – Comprehensive Liver Care (Surgery)
Visiting Doctors (Kochi)
MBBS; M.S(General Surgery),M.Ch. ( Surgical Gastroenterology), Fellowship in HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation
- More than 10 years of experience in HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation
- Worked as a Consultant in the unit of Liver Transplantation at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi
- Worked as a Consultant at Care Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Was instrumental in setting up Liver transplant programs at various centers across the country and abroad prominent one’s being Sheikh Zayed Hospital Lahore Pakistan, and at Karachi where he was invited multiple times to perform transplant surgeries and to train the local surgeons.
- Director of Liver Surgery and Liver transplantation at Lakeshore hospital.
- Over 15 years of experience in liver surgery
- Performed over 1500 liver transplant surgeries
- Success rate of transplant surgeries more than 90%
- Expertise in living donor, split liver, paediatric and cadaver liver transplantation.
- Performed many complex and rare liver surgeries.
- Instrumental in setting up liver transplant programs in other centres across the country and internationally.
- Pioneered many new innovations in liver surgery and transplantation.
- Founder member of Indian Liver Transplant Society and a life member of International Liver Transplant Society Delivered many lectures in National and International meetings
- Distinction in Pathology, Ophthalmology and Surgery in MBBS
- University topper at Gujarat university in 2016 in General surgery for which he was awarded 3 gold medals
- Received the best paper award at IASG annual conference in 2013
- Received the best paper award at IHPBA annual conference in 2010
- Life member IMA
- Life member Association of surgeons of India (ASI)
- Member International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association ( IHPBA)
- Member International Liver transplant Society ( ILTS)
Publications and Presentations:
- Symbiotic therapy with surgery for chronic pancreatitis. Ramesh H, Abhishek Y, Ashwin A.;Annals of Surgery Volume 00, Number 00, 2015 pub ahead of print
- 2-Prompt repair of bile duct transection identified intra operatively and referred promptly- Experience from a tertiary level care centre.Asit Arora & H. H. Nag & Abhishek Yadav &Agarwal A. Indian J Surg (March–April 2015) 77(2):99–103
- 6-Routine hepatobiliary scan in donors following partial hepatectomy prevents biliary morbidity Yadav A, Gupta S, Goyal N, Wadhawan M, Vasudevan KR ILTS world conference San Francisco May 2012
- 7-Aberrant portal venous anatomy in right lobe living related liver transplantation : Management strategies and comparing outcomes. Yadav A , Wadhawan M, Goyal N, Vasudevan KR, Agarwal S, Gupta S IHPBA world congress Paris June 2012
- 8-Changes in portal pressure predicts the pattern of functional remnant regeneration post donor hepatectomy Gupta S; Goyal N; Wadhawan M; Vasudevan KR; Agarwal S; Yadav A TTS world congress Berlin July 2012
- Surgery for Non colorectal non neuroendocrine liver metastasis Abhishek Yadav, Giriraj Bora, Subash Gupta Annuals of GI surgery ( AIIMS) 2013